Re: Would be possible to have a ".treeinfo" file added to the installers' page?

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:25 AM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> If you had apt available to you, I think it could be made to do some
> parts of this for you based solely on the sources.list file.

Having apt available is not the case. We want people using/installing
Debian from any other distro!

> The other thing is that we generally don't expose the files you are
> looking at to users, we generally recommend folks use the netinst ISO,
> which is on another server altogether:
>
> https://www.debian.org/
> https://www.debian.org/distrib/
> https://www.debian.org/CD/
> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Understood.

So, I guess the best question would be: Would you (as Debian
Community) be willing to expose that? If so, would be possible, for
future releases, to have the ".treeinfo" file (or *anything* that we
could match as *this* *specific* *version*, including testing)?

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio