Re: Would be possible to have a ".treeinfo" file added to the installers' page?

Paul,

> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/Release

There's one problem with this file. It's not underneath the install tree URL.
Our use case is that a user would provide an arbitrary install tree
URL and we'd need to identify which OS it corresponds to. This
arbitrary tree URL can be a mirror of the content on any 3rd party
site.

> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-amd64/current/images/SHA256SUMS

This one could be used if we'd have the "Description" entry as we do
in http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/Release
Do you think that adding the "Description" entry to the
current/images/SHA256SUMS file would be easier/more secure than adding
the ".treeinfo" file under
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-amd64/ ?

Best Regards,
--