Do not contact this person IRL either (Re: I resigned in 2004)

A Debian contributor tells me in private conversation that they
encountered this ex-Developer in real life, and that during that
conversation they told this ex-Developer they disapproved of the
ex-Developer's messages in this thread.

DO NOT DO THIS.  Do not raise these issues with this ex-Developer
unless they invite you to do so.

I have spoken in private to the Debian contributor in question and
made it clear that I felt what they did was harassment of our former
colleague.  As an isolated incident it is a very minor abuse, but from
the other end, if done by several people, it might easily amount to a
serious harassment or retaliation campaign.

Furthermore, the current contributor in question confessed to me that
they made these remarks even after being told that our former
colleague didn't want to talk about it.

IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU, IN PERSON, THAT THEY DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT
SOMETHING, DO NOT TALK TO THEM ABOUT IT.

Finally, this does not mean you should ostracise or exclude our former
colleague in other contexts, or refuse to speak to them.  If you
cannot bring yourself to be friendly, at least be formal but cordial.
(I don't know that this advice is actually necessary but it seems wise
to write it.)

Excuse the shouting, but, really.  It is very unfortunate that I am
having to explain these rather basic principles.

Ian.