Re: I resigned in 2004

Greetings Fellow Debianites,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 09:29:30PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 10:56:57AM -0800, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
For some reason, Debian as a project failed to notice that I had quit,

Probably because even at that time there were procedures that weren't
followed, and apparently nobody after then bothered to check your status
*and* follow up appropiately to clean it up.

even though my willy@debian.org email address was deliberately forwarded
to a non-functional email address (in part because of the complete
catastrophe that was the Debian spam filtering system at the time).

I don't know what happened back then to your forwarding address (for
however strange your statement looks to me), so I can't quite comment
here.

Over the last couple of months, the MIA team has been trying to get me to
participate in some inane bureaucracy.  I have been ignoring their emails.

I can say that the MIA team didn't try to get you recently.  That was
Jonathan McDowell that apparently was in contact with you and -according
to the note he left- started on 2018-08-25 the process¹ to have you
properly retire. Missing the required follow up from your side² I sent
a follow up on 2018-09-30 completely out of curtesy as from my side it
just seemed like you missed the mail but you were interested in cleaning
your position.

Today, they took it to a new level by encouraging everybody who knows
me to pester me to answer my emails from them.  This is not acceptable.

Today, more than two months after Jonathan started the process, I
proceed to follow the "remove" route instead of the "retire" route,
which triggers an email in debian-private@.

Leave me alone.  Your project left me long ago.  Do not contact me with
regard to Debian bullshit.

ACK, we will have DAM remove you instead of retire.  I suppose there is
no harm as you don't seem interested in the "benefits" that the
"retired" DDs have over the "removed" ones.
I'm sorry to have bothered you more than necessary.

Good bye, and thank you for your contributions you made back then!

¹ https://nm.debian.org/process/539
² which would have consisted in following one link in that mail, and
 then click a single other button; really, nothing more

--
regards,
                       Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :