Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

On 12/11/2018 13:02, Ian Jackson wrote:
Colin Watson writes ("Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such"):
Honestly, I think it's better for Debian as a whole that people should
be able to do that kind of bulk cleanup with absolutely minimal
friction,

I absolutely agree.

The disruption from this kind of thing is minimal, and clearly IMO
outweighs the benfit.

Ultimately whether to allow this is a matter for the maintainer but I
think maintainers shoudl be encouraged to allow it - even, to
encourage it.

And there should be clear guidance for other DDs on when and how to
exercise this authority.  That should include the level of confidence
that a DD should have before making such a commit; whether there
should be a `mass commit' d-devel review process; and whether such
changes should be accompanied by a changelog entry.

When I run 'gbp dch' everything goes to debian/changelog anyway.

But no problem. I am OK to 'Debian as a whole'.

Regards,
Herbert