Re: I resigned in 2004

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: I resigned in 2004"):
> "Never contact me again" is what one is supposed to tell someone if they
> feel like they're being harassed.  It's the sort of thing that I do think
> we want to try to honor unless we have some reasonable reason to believe
> that something weird is going on.  I think it's highly unlikely that
> anything good for anyone will ever come out of sending another message to
> someone who says that.

And if it is absolutely necessary to follow up on such a message
because it seems like it might be a forgery or something, then that
should be done privately and with great care.  It should be
accompanied by an apology; and the message should probably be reviewed
for tone and content by someone other than the author.

But I agree that this will almost never be necessary.

Ian.