Re: no{thing} build profiles

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:00:43PM +0000, Ivan Shmakov wrote:
It can be argued that libgpgme11 does not “provide a significant
amount of functionality” (7.2) without gnupg.

It won't function at all without gnupg.

However, and it seems to be a common practice in Debian, for a shared
library package that ‘functionality’ can be understood first and
foremost as /allowing the packages dependent on said shared library
package to run correctly./  (The ubiquity of said practice is evident
from how libmariadbclient18 does /not/ depend on MariaDB

That's because a MariaDB client can be installed on a different machine
to a MarieDB server.

, or how libxt6 does /not/ depend on an X server package, and so on,
and so forth.)

Same idea: separation of client and server.

The same is not true for libgpgme11.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland