Re: no{thing} build profiles

 >>> tinysshd only ships a systemd unit file; neomutt links against
 >>> libgpgme11 which again Depends on gnupg.  It’s the kind of
 >>> dependencies that individually make sense,

 >> Semantically, Depends: declares that the package has to be installed
 >> to proceed.  It doesn’t specify whether the package has to actually
 >> be used.  Which kind of invalidates the point.

 > "Every package must specify the dependency information about other
 > packages that are required for the first to work correctly."  Policy 3.5.

	The gnupg package is not required for (neo)mutt to work
	correctly, at least as of Debian Stretch.

	There’s evidence that neither is systemd required for tinysshd,
	although I haven’t tested that myself.

 > "The Depends field should be used if the depended-on package is
 > required for the depending package to provide a significant amount of
 > functionality."  Policy 7.2.

	Also doesn’t apply; I’ve used stretch/mutt alongside a dummy
	‘Provides: gnupg (= 2.0)’ package rather extensively without
	encountering any ill effects.  At the same time, tinysshd(8)
	provides examples on how to run the daemon via tcpserver(8) and
	inetd(8) (and hence without systemd.)

	Could you please clarify your point?

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://am-1.org/~ivan/