Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 11:10:23AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> While I understand the need to keep them out of stable, keeping them out
> of testing would annoy testing users and all users of "rolling" derivatives
> based on testing (where the packages are not a problem since new upstream
> versions can be imported at any time to fix compatibility problems).

Agreed, that's a deficiency in our current process/tooling.

It would be nice to move away from using RC bugs as testing blockers,
but instead declare a source package as not suitable for stable (e.g.
in some meta data on ftp-master or in whatever tooling involved) and
then have a mechanism to yank all those packages out of testing once
we've entered a freeze.

Cheers,
        Moritz