Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> schrieb:
> Quoting Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org>:
>> Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> schrieb:
>>> I expect nothing much different from previous ESR cycles: stretch will
>>> move to 60 after 52 goes EOL in September.
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> How will we deal with breaking extensions?

Same as all previous extension breakages incurred by ESR transitions;
not at all. Apart from enigmail those are all not updated along
in stable, this doesn't scale at all. If you want your extensions
to be kept compatible, get them from the Mozilla addons page
like every other Firefox/Thunderbird user.

We should make it easy for administrators of bigger desktop
deployments to easily create debs for local deployments, but
keeping all those extensions in a stable release is just
broken and we should block them from testing migration.

Cheers,
        Moritz