Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

Colin Watson wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 05:06:00PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:43:17AM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>> > and the version number issue is only an Ubuntu-specific problem (given
>> > that the original 1.0.51-1 was superseded in 2006).
>>
>> I agree this is an Ubuntu issue with their infrastructure.
>
>I disagree - reusing file names with different contents in a
>Debian-format archive is IMO always wrong regardless of the time elapsed
>between uses - but it's unlikely to be worth arguing.

Agreed 100%. This continues to cause problems for other consumers of
the Debian archive, not just the Ubuntu infrastructure.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds