Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 05:06:00PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:43:17AM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> > and the version number issue is only an Ubuntu-specific problem (given
> > that the original 1.0.51-1 was superseded in 2006).
>
> I agree this is an Ubuntu issue with their infrastructure.

I disagree - reusing file names with different contents in a
Debian-format archive is IMO always wrong regardless of the time elapsed
between uses - but it's unlikely to be worth arguing.

> Have you tried asking the ubuntu archive admins, maybe they could get it
> through manually?

There's no such facility.  The only way is to bump the version in some
way so that there are no collisions.