Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:46:58 -0800, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
wrote:
>The problem with all of these discussions, however, and the reason why I
>largely stopped participating in them (particularly with my Policy Editor
>hat on), is that the rules for what one actually has to do in Debian to
>get a package accepted are a bit confusing and only partly documented, and
>the people who set those requirements basically don't participate in these
>discussions.  As long as the decision-makers aren't participating and we
>don't have clear documentation of the rules, even talking about it is
>pointless.

I must mention that this is most often the case with one quite
powerful group in Debian, and it has been that way for more than a
decade.

And I get beaten up for mentioning this every time I do.

Greetings
Marc