Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

Quoting Felipe Sateler (2017-12-19 14:20:42)
> Sometimes the license requires listing the copyright holders. In those
> cases, the list of holders must be present in the copyright file. In
> the rest, there is no need to list them. Only the license matters.
>
> .oO( should the copyright file be renamed to license to avoid this
>      eternal discussion? )

Tracking copyright holders is an essential prerequisite for tracking
licensing, because only a license granted by the copyright holder(s) of
a work is of any use to us (and our users).

Renaming our file to "license" would therefore, I fear, have similar
risk of confusion as to what it should contain, with the added risk of
tracking too _little_ information rather than (arguably - I am still not
convinced) too much.

 - Jonas