Re: Exclicitly or "implicitly" mark architectures a packages does not build

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 05:13:26PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I can confirm that it also affects arch:all packages.  But why shouldn't
> it be possible to detect this automatically also in this case?

because a build on any architecture will make the arch:all package
appear and then you cannot know whether it's a known missing feature
that the package doesnt build on $arch (or a new problem) or you would
need to introduce state tracking and then you still wouldn't know
whether a build failure on $arch is a new problem or an old problem,
because maybe it's a temporary problem...

--
cheers,
	Holger