Re: apt-get dist-upgrade uninstalled most of KDE

Martin Steigerwald - 16.08.17, 23:43:
> There is no automatic way to undo the action. I suggest you install again
> by  using metapackages like
>
> - plasma-desktop
> - kde-standard
> - kde-full
>
> depending on the amount of packages you want to have installed.
>
> And then add any additional packages you want to have again.

I missed that this wouldn´t fix current KDE/Plasma packages not fitting yet to
Qt 5.9.1.

So I suggest you switch to Debian testing temporarily.

Then either aptitude install one of above meta packages will over a nice
solution that will downgrade Qt packages to 5.7.1 again… or you need to
manually do that by something along the lines of

apt/aptitude install package=versionnummer

Next time check output of apt more closely. It must have shown a *very long*
list of packages it is about to remove.

Another thing would be to temporarily install a different desktop like lxqt or
Mate or so :)

Thanks,
--
Martin