Re: apt-get dist-upgrade uninstalled most of KDE

Thanks you all for the help! I usually do pay attention, and I prefer
sid even given the risks (it's great).
I don't need the machine at the moment, so I'll just wait for the
transition to complete.

Using snapshot repositories and "apt-get install packagename=version"
sounds like a *great* strategy to implement a quick-and-dirty rollback
function for apt-get. Do you think it would suffice to analyze
history.log and run "apt-get install" with
- "package-" for all packages installed by the last update and
- add "package=version" for all updated and removed packages?

The snapshot it would use is the one of the previous upgrade.

Thanks,
Marco