Re: Debian built from non-Debian sources

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 09:50:48PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> So do I understand it right that you are actively going to test the CD
> build process in a long enough time before the release and send patches
> in time to make sure the changes will be part of the release?
>
> If not - please stop trolling…

I dont understand why this is seen as trolling. We are willing to delay our
release for (certain) serious bugs and here I dont even see how there would
be much delay, if we had the policy of say requiring a debian-cd upload
(to sid) with the changes made to create the stable upload.

I also think this is basically happening, just not per policy but per Sledge
just doing that work.

And maybe (probably?) there is a case for the Stretch images where one tool
wasnt uploaded yet. Seems like a bug to me too (if thats the case), but not
really a reason for a flamewar nor calling out trolling.

(So also thanks to Jonas *and* Sledge from me, for keeping this thread
constructive for the most part!)

--
cheers,
	Holger