Re: Debian built from non-Debian sources

Quoting Steve McIntyre (2017-07-18 02:32:11)
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 02:04:04AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >Quoting Steve McIntyre (2017-07-18 01:09:43)
> >> I've corrected several of your incorrect assertions already. I'm bored
> >> of this.
> >
> >Your arrogant attitude hurts!
>
> I'm *sorry* if you're hurt. Look at it from my point of view. You've
> come in with complaints about stuff I've spent a very long time
> working on. You've made several factual mistakes amongst those
> complaints, and you've continued to imply that I'm doing it wrong,
> showing little apparent understanding or experience of the problem
> space.

I do not say you are doing it wrong.

I say we(!) can do better.  I can do better if I can repreat your work
using Debian components.  I can more confidently verify that I did not
mess things up if I can mimic with a higher degree your work.  When I am
more confident in testing that my setup fails not because I am stupid
but there is some likelihood that it is a more general problem, I am
more likely to dare raise it as a bugreport.  Yes, I know that you
welcome my asking on the mailinglist - but I know that I can have
trouble explaining myself, so I can be shy.  I don't think I am alone.

I try argue that treating build tools used for producing Debian make
sense to get packaged for Debian.  Could be after the fact.

I say your looking at services and build tools together and concluding
the task is too big might change by looking at a smaller task.

This is not an attack on your work.

 - Jonas