LXDE web page bashing thread Re: When do we update the homepage to a modern design? (was Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth)

On 2017-05-19 15:00, Zlatan Todoric wrote:

>>> You could add the quote on which I quoted (lxde page doesn't
>>> say it can be installable on linux) so my comment makes more
>>> sense
>> Sorry, I'm still not sure what you mean.
>>
> I mentioned Linux because it was previously mentioned that LXDE
> page doesn't mention it can be installed on Linux (and afaik it can
> be also on FreeBSD/Hurd?).

You need to be some special type of person to not understand that
At
 http://lxde.org
they have one big red button in the center that takes you to
 http://lxde.org/get/
Linux is mentioned in the second sentence.
BSD is mentioned in the second bold sentence.

The LXDE page has some problems but lack of mentioning supported
systems isn't one of them.

It seems like they decided to focus on two types of audiences.
 - those who are somewhat familiar with LXDE by name and like to try it.
 - those who like to find the code of it.

If I still was involved in the project I would suggest they move the
"join" part up to a more prominent spot, it's buried at the the front
page after help text and unhelpful texts about some features of LXDE
(in panels that are totally not clickable but should have been).

The hamburger menu top right shows the join option as number three,
more sane priority in my opinion.

- --
brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se