Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

Vincent Bernat:
> [...]
>
> [...] The policy doesn't state that a package
> must build when there is not enough disk space or memory. Maybe it would
> be far simpler to allow packages to fail to build if there is not enough
> CPUs.

On a related note: Having some way to declare minimum requirements for
e.g. disk space and memory (a la "base GB usage + GB usage/core") used
would be great.
  Especially if it is available in metadata, so wanna-build can see
whether it makes sense to assign a given package to a given build-node.

That way we could presumably fix most of the "resource
exhausted"-failures by not over-committing resources on the buildds.

Thanks,
~Niels