Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 03:02:23PM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> > Allowing packages to fail 50% of the time is interpreting Release
> > Policy in a somewhat twisted way.
>
> Except that your build system is far more limited than the average
> system used to build packages in 2017.

If you know for sure that any of the bugs above happen because of me
not using enough RAM, you are welcome to prove it.
(in the nnnnnn@bugs.debian.org address, please).

But if you talk about number of CPUs or CPU speed, that's a completely
different issue.

Building a package is like following an algorithm. It may take less or
more time, but it always has to finish. For this reason, "your CPU is
too slow to build my package" is always a very poor excuse, and I hope
you are not trying to set a minimum CPU speed to build packages.

Thanks.