Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 08:05:51PM +0100, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Dear Santiago,
>
> Le 15/02/2017 à 18:26, Santiago Vila a écrit :
> > Hello.
> >
> > The following packages FTBFS for me randomly. First column is the bug
> > number, second column is the estimated probability of failure in my
> > build environment, which is described here:
> >
> > https://people.debian.org/~sanvila/my-building-environment.txt
> >
> > Before I ask the Release Managers that they make the bugs at the top
> > of this list serious again
>
> If you do that, please at the same time ask the release team to mark
> them stretch-ignore,

No, that's not the plan. Please read Bug #844264 for details.

Those bugs are already (currently) being stretch-ignored, because I
downgraded them all to important *temporarily*.

But the idea is to *not* ignore them if they fail more than a certain
threshold (to be determined by the Release Managers).

Upgrading to serious and marking them with stretch-ignore would be
quite pointless. Certainly, I did not bother to report all those FTBFS
bugs so that they are ignored.

The bugs are FTBFS bugs. Ideally, all those bugs would be serious and
we would use the stretch-ignore tag as an exception, precisely when
the package does not fail "often enough".

> unless you are sure the test failures indicate a
> real serious bug in the package.

I am sure that Release Policy says "packages must autobuild from
source and without failure".

Allowing packages to fail 50% of the time is interpreting Release
Policy in a somewhat twisted way.

Thanks.