Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On 02/15/2017 09:45 PM, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Building a package is like following an algorithm. It may take less or
> more time, but it always has to finish. For this reason, "your CPU is
> too slow to build my package" is always a very poor excuse, and I hope
> you are not trying to set a minimum CPU speed to build packages.

On a few cases, I had to increase some test timeouts because of some
people using *very* slow CPUs to build, and complaining about failures.
While I do agree that in theory, packages should be build-able in most
platforms, there's still a limit to that effort.

Let's say you were attempting to build on a 200 MHz x86 CPU, then yes, I
would say it's not reasonable to open bugs and complain about related
problems. Not because there's no bug (there really is, and it should
really be considered a bug), but because we all have a limited amount of
time to spend on each issue, and it's best to focus on more important
things.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)