Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]

tl;dr
  TYVM to Michael Biebl
  I intend QA upload of systemd-shim with Michael's wrapper

Michael Biebl writes ("Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]"):
> Am 05.01.2017 um 19:56 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > Then copy the attached wrapper script to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
> > and make it executable.
>
> Obviously, the wrapper script should start systemd-shim.orig.

Well, I only previously glanced at this script.  I thought it was a
way to collect more information.  Now that I sit down to deal with
this problem properly, I discover that actually it fixes the problem!

Thank you very much (and I'm sorry now that I was a bit avoidant about
trying this, thinking that it would be part of a big and stressy
debugging and spelunking session).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the right thing is probably to do
is ship this comaptibility workaround in stretch.  I looked on my
system and filesystems of type cgroup are not mounted anywhere else.

And I'm not sure what is using /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd but it doesn't
seem to be systemd-shim.  I guess then that this is something that
used to be done by one bit of systemd and is now done by another bit,
so that it now has to also be done by systemd-shim ?

So my plan is to do a QA upload of systemd-shim which includes a
variant of your wrapper script (perhaps with set -e added...).  I
looked at the code in systemd-shim and implementing this code in its C
code doesn't look very convenient.  (It's also possible that this
should be done in an init script but I haven't considered that
properly.)

I haven't decided whether to put give the wrapper the name
`/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/systemd-shim' as you did, or alternatively
whether to give it a new name and change the reference in
  /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.systemd1.service
Unless anyone has an opinion I'll do whatever is easier.

More news later today.

Ian.