Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

Hello gregor,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 03:10:16AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 20:15:10 +0000, Sean Whitton wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 10:54:07AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > Well, if we had one more thing: a patches.debian.org service that would
> > > show the git-debcherry-extracted patches against upstream.  I really like
> > > being able to just point upstream at all the patches relevant to them that
> > > Debian has applied.
> > That would be great.  Then the git-debcherry series would be available
> > for those that want it, without requiring package maintainers to do any
> > curation at all.
>
> https://sources.debian.net/patches/ goes in that direction. AFAIK it
> might not be complete and TTBOMK it hasn't been announced widely but
> it exists and (I think) works for "3.0 (quilt)" packages.
>
> For an example of a package using git-debcherry cf.
> https://sources.debian.net/patches/libmodule-build-perl/0.422000-1/

Just to confirm, are you saying that sources.debian.net/patches would
execute git-debcherry on a 3.0 (quilt) package using
single-debian-patch, presumably by cloning Vcs-Git?  Does this have to
be explicitly requested for that package?

--
Sean Whitton