Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

Hi Sean,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 01:05:54PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 03:10:16AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > https://sources.debian.net/patches/ goes in that direction. AFAIK it
> > might not be complete and TTBOMK it hasn't been announced widely but
> > it exists and (I think) works for "3.0 (quilt)" packages.
> >
> > For an example of a package using git-debcherry cf.
> > https://sources.debian.net/patches/libmodule-build-perl/0.422000-1/
>
> Just to confirm, are you saying that sources.debian.net/patches would
> execute git-debcherry on a 3.0 (quilt) package using
> single-debian-patch, presumably by cloning Vcs-Git?  Does this have to
> be explicitly requested for that package?

No, sources.debian.net/patches is not aware of any VCS. It parses on
the fly the series and the patches of a package (and only for
3.0 (quilt) presently). Still, this allows having URLs to point
upstream to, for released packages.

Cheers,
--
Matthieu