Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> For example, if you get a merge conflict when rebasing, the above
> incantation will list two commits: the original debian commit and the
> merge commit. git-debcherry, on the other hand, will synthesize one
> patch, consisting of the original Debian commit, but modified to include
> the *relevant parts* of the merge commit.

Okay, yes, that sounds pretty awesome.  That may entirely remove my
concerns about keeping the patches always rebased.

Well, if we had one more thing: a patches.debian.org service that would
show the git-debcherry-extracted patches against upstream.  I really like
being able to just point upstream at all the patches relevant to them that
Debian has applied.