Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

 ❦  4 janvier 2017 09:47 -0800, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> :

>>> The Debian Python Modules Team (DPMT) has about 1,000 packages with
>>> git-dpm repositories.  While it took a bit of getting used to and
>>> there have been a few problems, overall I think it's worked very well.
>>> It's biggest problem is the lack of a maintainer.
>>
>> There have been a lot of complaints about it. For me, it is a pain to
>> use. Its integration with gbp is poor,
>
> Well, I think that is because it is mostly an *alternative* to
> gbp. Other than gbp dch (which I think should work fine), what features
> of gbp would you like to use with git-dpm?

gbp import-orig --uscan (the whole import with git-dpm is flawed, there
are too many ways to fail, like a patch that cannot be rebased and the
pristine-tar branch is not updated, like the previous upstream was not
tagged because not released [and git-dpm only tags upstream when master
is tagged] and it fails in the middle of the process, gbp rollbacks when
there is a problem).
--
Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
		-- "Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"