Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 04:13:13AM +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> >> Postfix has no way to know it's temporary, so I think a temporary error
> >> would be wrong.
> >
> >It's easy to tell apart "can't connect to SQL" from "query succeeded and
> >returned 'no such user'".
>
> That assumes it will eventually be turned back on.  Temporary versus
> permanent shutdown is what you can't distinguish.

It should be treated akin to "no target MXes are reachable" -- ie, a
temporary error that is considered permanent once a timeout has been
reached.  Retries and the timeout are implemented and configured by the
sending server.

Meow!
--
Autotools hint: to do a zx-spectrum build on a pdp11 host, type:
  ./configure --host=zx-spectrum --build=pdp11