Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?

Hi,

Quoting Dimitri John Ledkov (2016-08-21 23:32:17)
> Surely old sbuild gpg key handing works correctly with gpg1.  (Try gpg1
> first, if missing use gpg, assume it's classic gpg1)
>
> With new enough apt, no gpg key handing is needed.
>
> No support for gpg2 is needed, as any chroots with gpg2 by default
> will also have new enough apt.
>
> Thus we can have old gpg key handing, and users need to install gpg1
> if they want to build for old distros; and it will be entirely ignored
> by new enough distros.
>
> Or am I missing something?

This would work. It would though require some detection logic to check if the
chroot has the right gpg version installed and I don't know if the format of
$(gpg --version) is stable over multiple gpg releases.

I never said there were no solutions. I would just appreciate some help in
implementing and testing one solution.

Thanks for the idea!

cheers, josch