Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?"):
> Johannes Schauer writes ("Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?"):
> > does anybody plan to use sbuild in Stretch with Debian Squeeze or older
> > chroots?
>
> Yes.
> > If you still want to be able to use Squeeze chroots for some reason, please
> > shout!

I should say, thanks for asmking.

And to those others who replied, I would like to point out that
answers of the form "oh no surely they don't" to questions like
Johannes's can be harmful.

> I want to be able to build backports to old installations.

Is there some other way for me to be able to do this which doesn't
involve all that annoying work ?

What would happen if we took older sbuild and arranged for it to be
coinstallable with the new sbuild, so that one could use sbuild-old
for the old chroots ?

Or perhaps there are other ways of doing this.  Sadly I don't think
running a jessie chroot containing a lenny chroot (or whatever) is a
good plan...

Thanks,
Ian.