Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?

Hi,

Quoting Peter Samuelson (2016-08-21 11:45:35)
> [Johannes Schauer]
> > Old sbuild will not help you. The problem is mainly, that older
> > chroots contain an apt installation that has no support for the
> > [trusted=yes] option in sources.list.
>
> So if someone really needs this, I guess a workaround would be to
> backport apt 1.0 to squeeze...?

you don't need apt 1.0 but "only" apt 0.8.16~exp3 or later. With that apt (or
later) in your chroot, you will not need a public/private keypair to sign the
internal dummy repository anymore.

Though before you spend time on attempting to use this solution as a
workaround, I would like to ask you to instead try to submit an sbuild patch
which restores squeeze support by mangling the gpg keys in the right way. That
would certainly help more users.

Thanks!

cheers, josch