Re: synaptics vs libinput and GNOME 3.20 no longer supporting synaptics

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 02:45:49PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> It's just probably that your config didn't have palm detection enabled
> with the synaptics driver. `synclient | grep PalmDetect` would tell you.

I've been using the following script, with variations on the
parameters to find a working setup. The values below are the best I
could manage, and they aren't any good.

#!/bin/sh

synclient \
	TapButton1=1 \
	TapButton2=2 \
	TapButton3=3 \
	PalmDetect=1 \
	PalmMinWidth=50 \
	PalmMinZ=10 \
	VertSCrollDelta=-41 \
	HorizScrollDelta=-41 \
	TouchpadOff=0 \
        "$@"

--
Schrödinger's backup hypothesis: the condition of any backup is
undefined until a restore is attempted. -- andrewsh