Re: synaptics vs libinput and GNOME 3.20 no longer supporting synaptics

 ❦ 12 juillet 2016 06:48 CEST, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> :

>> Briefly: synaptics is much better touchpad driver than libinput.
>
> For me, the opposite is true.

For me too. When the switch was done to libinput, my touchpad was
enabled again. I was first surprised but notice that palm detection was
pretty good and that two-finger scrolling was working out of the box. I
have a carbon X1 where the trackpoint buttons are coupled with the
touchpad. libinput handles this case perfectly and I can now scroll with
trackpoint and middle button like in older models, something that was
not possible due to stuff being handled by two different drivers.
--
Identify bad input; recover if possible.