Re: Keysigning via Video Conferencing

Quoting james@teacaster.net (2016-06-23 23:17:11)
> PGP Key Signing for New Members is purely an identification process,
> to prove that you are who you say you are. This provides the Debian
> Foundation with the assurance that you can be trusted monitoring their
> infrastructure, uploading packages and performing other roles
> throughout the foundation. Therefore providing proof that you have the
> skills to become a Debian Developer is obsolete in this part of the
> process.

 a) PGP key signing is only about identification.
 b) PGP signature is no assurance that you can be trusted - only that
    you can be identified.
 c) you still need to provide proof of your skills - it is not obsolete.

Possibly I simply misread, but seems to me you wrote the opposite
regarding b) and c).

 - Jonas