Re: opinions of snappy packages

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 07:51:47PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Possibly I am in a minority here?

I don't know. I haven't given your question much in the way of deep
thought. There's an argument that it might lead to the development of
more free web services, so I can at least see why it deserves
consideration. Thanks for raising it.

My response was making sure that this argument wasn't an exercise in
Canonical or Snappy bashing. If it applies uniformly to all software in
a comparable position then that's fair enough.

I suppose you could do one or more of these

  - File a bug on something (I suggest that you don't start with Snappy
    to head off reactions like mine) requesting such a move and see if
    ftpmaster does it, then MBF all of the rest if so.
  - Ask ftpmaster for a ruling.
  - Try to start a GR.

if you want to seriously pursue the argument.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]