Re: Genesis of the git.d.o/gitlab.d.o confusion (Was: Next steps for gitlab.debian)

On ബുധന്‍ 08 ജൂണ്‍ 2016 07:44 വൈകു, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Do people really hate Alioth if they're just using it for git hosting?
> You do some ssh and make a repo and then you just pull and push as you
> would with anything else.

Tell me an "easy" way to do merging in alioth, and then let's talk about
people hating Alioth.
Gitlab (or similar tools) is not preferred because they are shiny. They
are preferred because
they provide better, usable features. :)

People don't use git for just "push and pull", you are missing the whole
point of VCS and
collaborative development. :)

--
Balasankar C