Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 09:53:52 +0100, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
>Lennart didn't even say that he wanted to get rid of "EnvironmentFile=".
>
>>From the same-named thread on systemd-devel@:
>
>--- 8< ---
>1)
>I probably should never have added EnvironmentFile= in the first place.
>
>2)
>I think EnvironmentFile= was a mistake, and I explained why. But then
>again, I am not planning to remove it, and I never suggested that.
>--- >8 ---
>
>He advocated the use of drop-ins, as you (Philipp) do.

Yes. But two of his militant fanbois suggested in the following that
the option should be removed because of Lennarts reasoning. In the
following, one of them said that if the option will be removed in the
future, it would be "our" because "we" had been using the option
"wrong" and have thus "forced lennart" to remove it since we refused
to be "educated" about "proper" use of systemd.

This is what got me furious. I am not here to be educated. I am here
to use software. What is the business of the systemd community to tell
me how I am to do my work?

Lennart is not always at fault. He has his problems with differing
opinions, but at least his reasoning is usually sound. The bigger
problems are his followers, most of them emulating his social behavior
because they think it's fine (I think the word is "role model"), but
without being this technically brilliant.

Greetings
Marc