Improving recovery (Re: support for merged /usr in Debian)

Simon McVittie <smcv <at> debian.org> writes:
> I personally think those factors undermine the "/ as recovery" use-case
> so far that the advantages of a merged /usr far outweigh it.

User side note: If people would like to help the recovery use case,
grml-rescueboot is already packaged which adds grub integration. So the only
thing missing to get better recovery with no other effort than installing a
package is a grml-iso (or similar) package that depends on gmrl-rescueboot
and either contains the latest grml ISO or downloads it to /boot/grml. Or
perhaps integrate this directly into grml-rescueboot.

Ole