Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> Thanks to my conversion program in usrmerge there is no need for a flag
> day, archive rebuilds or similar complexity and we can even continue to
> support unmerged systems.

Is there any use case that requires supporting unmerged systems?

It's simpler to support just merged-/usr and avoids the problem that
sometimes a binary will be in both /bin and /usr/bin (with merged-/usr)
and sometimes only in one location.  That sounds like a source of bugs
that have a good potential to be found only too late...

Ansgar