Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

Le mardi 22 décembre 2015, 10:03:15 Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015, at 09:37, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> > *) "apt-get remove $(deborphan)" is more dangerous; and should be done
> > manually;
> > and then one can also build fake empty packages with equivs to register
> > some
> > -libs or -devel packages as needed by a local application.
>
> Errr, why? Just use deborphan keep file:
>
> --add-keep,       -A PKGS.. Never report PKGS.
> --keep-file,      -k FILE   Use FILE to get/store info about kept
> packages.
> --list-keep,      -L        List the packages that are never reported.
> --del-keep,       -R PKGS.. Remove PKGS from the "keep" file.
> --zero-keep,      -Z        Remove all packages from the "keep" file.

I said "can", not "must".
There's more than one way to do it (tm).

The dummy package has some advantages:
- "aptitude why" will give the correct answer,
   browsing aptitude TUI also

- it can be stuffed in a local repository
  - that fasten duplicating one's setup on an other computer
  - it's much easier for this dummy package to Depends: on some -libs & -dev
    than to include a postinst script that modifies /var/lib/deborphan/keep

    the dummy package can then be expanded and provides some files
    in /etc/*.d/

PS: deborphan doesn't know about "Enhances:" :-(

https://sources.debian.net/src/deborphan/1.7.28.8-0.2/src/pkginfo.c/

Cheers