Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015, at 09:37, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> *) "apt-get remove $(deborphan)" is more dangerous; and should be done
> manually;
> and then one can also build fake empty packages with equivs to register
> some
> -libs or -devel packages as needed by a local application.

Errr, why? Just use deborphan keep file:

--add-keep,       -A PKGS.. Never report PKGS.
--keep-file,      -k FILE   Use FILE to get/store info about kept
packages.
--list-keep,      -L        List the packages that are never reported.
--del-keep,       -R PKGS.. Remove PKGS from the "keep" file.
--zero-keep,      -Z        Remove all packages from the "keep" file.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server