Re: Ideas to improve dpkg/ucf with hooks

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:47:33 +0800, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:38 AM, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I advocate doing things exactly the other way roud. Give package
>> maintainers the power!
>
>Why would merging ucf into dpkg remove the power from maintainers?

Nowadays one can call ucf in one's maintainer scripts in different
ways and at different palaces. If ucf gets merged into dpkg (the
binary), this possibility will most probably be lost, reducing ucf to
a prettier looking conffile interface.

If ucf gets merged into dpkg (the package), the power is left, but why
should one do that?

Greetings
Marc