Re: Which pseudo-package do ARM netboot image slices belong to?

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> (2015-11-10):
> I've hit a bug¹ in a non-package part of Debian, identified that it is
> tied to variations not in package releases but web-facing parts of
> official Debian:
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-armhf/$timestamp/images/netboot/SD-card-images/
>
> I filed a bugreport against the pseudo-package seeming most appropriate,
> but then got no (maintainer) response for a week.  That delay might be
> perfectly fine (I often have far worse reaction time myself), but made
> me wonder: Did I file it wrongly, so that the bug isn't "heard"?
>
>   Which pseudo-package do ARM netboot image slices belong to?
>
> or more generally:
>
>   Is there some way of verifying which pseudo-package(s) is(/are)
>   appropriate for targeting a bugreport, when web address is known?
>
> For real packages where I have located a file involved, I can verify if
> a proper package is targeted by use of "dpkg -L ..." or "apt-file search
> ..." or similar tools.  Do we have similar ways to check (preferrably
> without needing login to specific Debian hosts) which pseudo-package
> some official area of Debian web services belong to?  E.g. a public list
> of which team has write access to which parts of our web-facing
> services?
>
> I am aware of https://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages but that's
> comparable to grep'ing package descriptions to pinpoint where a bug
> belongs, nowhere as accurate a verification as "dpkg -L ..." or
> "apt-file search ...".

Karsten, Ian, and other arm people,

This makes me wonder whether those sd card images should be packaged and
shipped somehow (through d-i-n-i or elsewhere), instead of just being
published through the installer-* directories.

What's your take on this?

Mraw,
KiBi.