Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

Thorsten Glaser writes ("Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools"):
> [workflow description]

Thanks.  FYI, dgit trees are (for `3.0 (quilt)' format source
packages) what is nowadays called a `patches-applied packaging
branch'.

That is, the dgit git tree contains the patches in debian/patches/ but
also contains the implied changes in the main source code.  If you add
commits yourself to the dgit git tip, new patches will generated from
your commits.

> In all cases, wrappers like git-buildpackage are absolutely unnecessary,
> as the Debian standard tool dpkg-buildpackage handles them just fine.
> (I do use cowbuilder for the actual building in a clean environment.)

It sounds like your workflow is pretty close to compatible with dgit.

Ian.