Re: Proposal v2: enable stateless persistant network interface names

Simon McVittie dixit:

>You can still do this via manual configuration; as far as I understand

Yes, but…

>* the current Debian-specific persistent-net-generator scheme

pitti wants to drop this; however, this is where we usually
do the manual renaming when needed.

By all means, do your new thing, but don’t break things for
the people who wish to continue using persistent-net-generator
and for whom it works and who don’t have any problems with
the problems it has you outlined a few weeks ago.

(Heh. I sound like I’m repeating myself every year now…)

tl;dr: Just keep persistent-net-generator, even discourage
people from using it who don’t know what they’re doing,
but don’t remove it.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]