Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incompatible with Git ‘request-pull ’

On 2015-07-13 14:27:07 +0200 (+0200), Michael Prokop wrote:
[...]
> And JFTR: 'git review -d $ID' (available via Debian package
> git-review) lets you download the specified patchset locally for
> diffing etc, so only for commenting and/or the {+-}{1,2} actions
> towards gerrit you'd need to use the web interface (or gertty! :)).

Keep in mind that git-review and gertty share a primary author, and
gertty does also have equivalents of git review -d and -x (the c and
x keys respectively) though you need the version in sid which hasn't
migrated to testing yet. I use both tools--and also the cut-n-paste
git checkout/cherry-pick commands displayed by the Gerrit WebUI--to
retrieve changes; it mostly boils down to what context I'm in as to
which is more convenient at any particular point in time.
--
Jeremy Stanley