Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incompatible with Git ‘request-pull ’

On 2015-07-11 22:32:31 -0300 (-0300), Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> I have a few ideas about this. I have used gerrit before, and it
> provides a really nice experience except for 2 little facts:
>
> - you have to use a web UI thingy to review patches (although that said
>   web UI does have a really nice keyboard-based navigation support)

You may want to check out...

    https://packages.debian.org/gertty

Now that I use gertty, I can't recall how I ever managed to limp
my way through the Gerrit WebUI.

> - the server side is quite heavyweight, so both running your own and
>   packaging it for Debian seems to be difficult.
[...]

As someone who helps maintain a very high-traffic Gerrit server, I
can confirm it's at least as un-fun as any very complex Java-based
server application. And apparently packaging it is even less fun...

    https://bugs.debian.org/589436

--
Jeremy Stanley