Re: Q: why binary-log by systemd-journald is not enabled by default?

Am 10.05.2015 um 05:56 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:

> And I wish it would keep /var/log/dmesg (and its rotation).  That thing is
> really useful for user support when dealing with kernel and boot issues.
>
> I consider the lack of /var/log/dmesg updates in jessie under systemd to be
> a relevant regression, as journal persistence is not enabled by default.

Have a look at /var/log/kern.log. Since journald forwards (early boot)
meesages to the syslog daemon, they end up on persistent storage by
default. So a hack like /etc/init.d/bootlogs is not really needed any
longer.

universe are pointed away from Earth?